A Bristolian’s guide to home improvement
Bristol is known for its independent spirit and for being the birthplace of Banksy, and that creative heritage can be seen across the city.
With a wealth of independent local stores offering unique and bespoke products and services, Bristol stores can supply all you will need for your home improvements. From Rag and Bone’s antique furniture to Monpote’s home décor and lighting, you’ll find everything you need to enhance your home.
You don’t need to go further than the M32 to improve your Bristol home’s kerb appeal, energy efficiency and style. We’ve done the research for you, so here’s our guide to home improvement projects in Bristol.
You don’t need the Banksy budget to afford local art for your home!
Bristol is a true city of culture, and what home wouldn’t be complete without a piece of local work as a talking point. Banksy might be shredding his artwork at auction, but we’ve found some Bristol based sellers to help decorate your home:
- If you are into fine art, Bristol based artist, Abigail McDougall, has a great collection to bring a tropical vibe to your home, with pieces inspired by Morocco, Italy and even Bristol itself.
- Whether it’s Clifton suspension bridge, the Bristol international balloon fiesta or the harbourside that’s your favourite part about living in Bristol, The Bristol Shop, has a wide array of art pieces from local artists to add to your home’s décor. Bring your home to life with a touch of Bristol art to celebrate our wonderful city!
- Room 212 are constantly updating their variety of vibrant artwork, with art pieces perfect for every room of your home. Add some colour and elegance to your home and support local Bristol artists by taking a visit to their unique Bristol store.
Brighten up your home with lighting from Bristol
Don’t overlook the importance of your home’s lighting. Good lighting can enhance the mood of your room and even increase how big your room looks. With that in mind, take a look at our recommendations for quality lighting in Bristol:
- Lighting Warehouse Bristol’s range of innovative and contemporary lighting can add a creative style to your home with their low-energy solutions, an ideal choice for modern homes.
- Lumination offer a wide variety of lighting options, including bespoke chandeliers, outdoor garden lights and LED lighting options. So, whatever your home’s style, they’ll have the perfect lighting solution for your Bristol home.
Furnish your home with style without breaking the budget
Make your home more livable, comfortable and personalised to your needs with new furniture. Is it a new sofa for your family to relax, or a dining table big enough to fit all your friends for dinner parties that’s missing from your home? You don’t need to compromise on the costs or style with the great choices these Bristol based furniture stores can offer:
- A one stop shop for all your furniture needs, Park Furnishers offer a wide selection of furniture for both modern and traditional homes. Mirrors, paint, mattresses, they sell it all! Get some décor inspiration from their store which is conveniently located just five minutes from Bristol city centre.
- Bristol based company, Bristol Fine Furniture, hand design and craft quality wooden furniture. Add a touch of personalization with bespoke wooden furniture that can be tailored to your Bristol home.
- If it’s a good night’s sleep you need, take a trip to Somerset Beds Bristol store to find the right replacement bed and mattress to improve your quality of sleep and add to your home’s style. While you’re there, you can also find bedroom furniture from a range of quality brands.
All your home improvement needs on one road in Bristol
Gloucester road is known for its quirky independent stores. With such a wide variety, you’ll be able to find everything you need to add the final touches to your Bristol home. And if you need a break, there’s plenty of great restaurants and bars to visit on the way.
- How about finding an old charm at Sofa Project’s furniture store? They sell second hand furniture, refurbished electrical items and even retro furniture, all at affordable prices helping to keep costs down for your home improvements.
- A quirky independent shop, Fig sell homewares, art and textiles, their products are handmade by Bristol based artists. Perfect if you’re looking for those little extras for your home.
- Another gem on Gloucester road where you can find unique and vintage products, Reason Interiors, sell stunning decorations to increase the style of both the interior and exterior of your home. If you have something particular in mind, they can even help you source that perfect item that’s missing from your home.
Explore Whiteladies road in Bristol for your home improvements!
Whiteladies road is another great spot in Bristol. It’s home to the BBC’s Bristol studios, Whiteladies Picture house and some great independent home improvement stores.
- If you’re looking for bespoke and the finest home interior products, Whittaker Wells, can help you to choose those elegant pieces. Stocking brands such as House of Hackney, Mulberry Home and Lorca, they’ll most definitely add some class to your home.
- Show off your beautiful family and friends with framed photos in your home. Not only does this add to your home’s style, you can be reminded of those great memories you’ve shared! Clifton Framing offer bespoke framing, made to match your most favoured photographs. Choose the style, colour, size and more to compliment your home’s style.
With such a great range of independent stores in Bristol, you can be assured you won’t need to travel far to find the perfect items for your home. Here at Associated Windows, we offer Bristol homeowners bespoke home improvement services, including new windows, doors and glazed extensions. Contact us today and we can help get your home improvement project started!